English Mahogany Three-piece Vitrine Cabinet
When you think about a dining room you usually do not think about storage. In fact, though, the dining room is a great place for both decorative and practical storage. A good storage option can make more room, create a beautiful taking piece, and be a great asset to your home. Here are some storage ideas for your dining room.
1. China Cabinet – The classic dining room storage option, a china cabinet is both a place to showcase your good dishes and a convent place to store the, Personally I show off my pretty china in the top part and store things like good silver and tablecloths underneath. Even table accessories like candlesticks and centerpieces can be stored in a large china cabinet.
2. Display Cabinet – This is another great alternative for your dining room. A display cabinet can hold your pretty dishes, knickknacks, or other accessories that you do not have a place to put in your home. A great place to keep delicate items out of children’s hands, a glass display cabinet can be a good storage option for pretty things.
3. Buffet Table –A nice, solid buffet table is a great thing to have on hands for big parties and Thanksgiving dinners. Thankfully, most come with drawers or cabinetry that are great for holding serving dishes and other items you have no where else to store.
4. Angled Shelving –Take lean on me to another level. Angled storage is great in a room that is visually small. The small top and large bottom allows for tons of storage without seeming to take up tons of room.
5. Modern Shelving – Modern shelving in cube shapes and sharp corners can add a touch of newness to a traditional space like a dining room. Bring some modern into your storage!
6. Industrial Shelving – For a truly modern twist, an industrial shelving unit can be a startling but chic way to add storage to your dining room. With exposed metal, piping, and unvarnished wood or metal shelving, it adds visual interest and texture while still holding your stuff.
7. Bookshelves with Taste –If all you have is some bookshelves, then spruce them up with a touch of lace. Adding lace to the back of the bookshelves and filling them with tasteful collections of dishes or knick knacks means adding storage to your dining room without looking cheap or tawdry.
These are just a few of the great storage ideas for your dining room. There are all sorts of options. Take a look at your area and see what would be the best fit for your dining room.
Ken Myers as an Expert Advisor on multiple household help issues to many Organizations and groups, and is a mentor for other “Mom-preneurs” seeking guidance. He is a regular contributor of “www.gonannies.com/”. You can get in touch with him at email@example.com.
Refined Glazed & Ebonized Antique French Louis XVI 2 Door Cabinet
A Passion For Interiors Carolyne Roehm- Buy it here
Early 20th Century Chinoiserie Curio Cabinet
David Hicks Featured On Mark D Sikes Blog
Dan Carithers Featured on Vintage Mulberry Blog
Beautiful floors in Philadelphia. Tom Crane Photography
Featured on Georgiana Design
Late 19th Century Antique Edwards And Roberts Mahogany China Cabinet
Here we have a stunning Edwards and Roberts china cabinets depicting one of their regency designs. The firm edwards and roberts were among the best english antique furniture cabinet makers of the second half of the 1800s. The company was founded in 1845 and by 1854 was trading as ‘edwards and roberts’, 21 wardour street, antique and modern cabinet makers and importers of ancient furniture’. They became one of the leading london cabinet makers and retailers and the firm produced high quality furniture, as well as good copies of the 18th and 19th century english and french pieces. There workmanship included pieces with satinwood marquetry and favoured the Georgian designs.
Dining Room In Celadon Belgian Pearls Blog