Pink & Red Living Room -Miles Redd Architectural Digest
Almost every magazine has covered Miles Redd's Home and even though it has been several years, his color choices remain to inspire thousands of people. Lets face it, it takes a lot of guts to choose candy pink in the living room, but Redd shows us it can be done to a state of brilliance.
How To Decorate Using Red and Pink
- Pink rooms are best when they are paired with red. Red is the primary color of pink and the two shades go hand in hand. Consider adding the color red in bright splashes seen in abstract art. Abstract art is easy to paint by yourself. Collect a number of ornate gold frames and glossy paint from online and do it yourself.
- Consider buying a few really nice prints that have the shade of pink or red color. If you have an oil portrait that you want to manipulate, consider taking it to a local artist to change the background.
- Velvets and silks contain the most saturated colors. Consider upholstering with both.
- Consider working with colors opposite of the color wheel. Shades of green, blue or yellow work wonderful combined with red.
- In this picture shades of red look with salmon are paired together.
-In this picture we see a striped dress in pink and black with accessories in beige and gold.
-Look how this image nicely coordinates darker tones of red with burnt orange. Instead of a playful appearance, we see more of a serious regal look.
-Consider spraying some of your furniture with a red or candy pink lacquer. This french chest looks grand in glossy red.
-This red sideboard looks terrific in red paint accented with brass hardware. The look is minimal yet very sophisticated.
Lavender Haze by Leftbank Art By High Fashion Home $ 269
Colorful Abstract Oil Painting, with Linen Liner Gold Wood Frame 30.5 x 42.5 $165
Two Girls Dancing in Brown Abstract Oil Painting, Gold Wood Frame $165
Rothko Paintings: Yellow, Red, Blue with Black $188
Apple Tree with Mediterranean Gold Frame - $258
Klimt Apple Tree I Framed Oil on Canvas $248
The Harvest with Vienna Gold Leaf - 15" X 17" $108
Langlois Bridge at Arles with Women Washing Oil on Canvas $98
Yellow, Red and Green Abstract Frame $135
Abstract Waterfall Skyscapes Gold Wood Frame $138
Canvas Oil Painting, with Exquisite Wood Frame $132
Boats in Ocean with Red Backgound in Sunset Oil Painting,$166
Majestic II Oil Painting, $138
Two Red Flowers in a Light Blue Background $147
Pagoda Chair in Black $399 From Oriental Furniture
Boss Classic Traditional Button Tufted Sofa $599
Bombe Chest in Red By AA Importing $614
AA Importing Three Drawer Cabinet in Red $635
AA Importing One Drawer Cabinet in Antique Red $424
HeatherBrooke Sherwood Antique Red Chest - $504 Distressed antique red finish with hand painted floral design Rasping marks with nicks and dents on the chest accentuate the antiqued design Solid wood case and legs 3 Drawers Wood on wood drawer guides Floral patterned detail on drawer pulls Timeless large bun feet MDF top, sides, and drawer fronts
HeatherBrooke Southwood Accent Console $500 The Southwood Accent Console is a part of the Heather Brookeæline, which offers a pleasing variety of unique styles of traditional and accent furniture. Hand-painted designs, unique stains and classic accents are all a part of the quality offered by Heather Brooke.
Duncan Chair, Deirdre Rust $699 The Duncan Chair delivers a lot of style with beautiful exposed wood and nailhead details
Plaid check Coral by Duralee Fabrics $38
Artificial Red Delicious Apple, Box of 12 $35
Branches of an Almond Tree in Blossom $129
Keeping Room Cupboard Red Shade Simplistic Looks- $319
Core Bamboo Bucket Bowl Small in Strawberry $22
Schumacher Chinois - Coral Fabric $74
Wide Michael Miller Racer Stripe Coral Fabric By The Yard $9
Kingston Chair, Pink -$1029 A nice nail head trim dresses it up and gives the chair an elegant look